Monday, January 16, 2012

Hey family what’s up? This week has been pretty crazy and I didn’t get a letter from dad telling what’s going down there in Idaho so I’ll just start with my week.
Well this week I went on divisions with our Zone Leaders and spent a day with Elder Davis. He’s pretty cool and is from North C. The day we were going to switch back, he got a call from the Assistants in the mission saying that there have been a lot of changes in the mission and that I was going to be sent to a new area in Juchitan in the Ismo. They then told me that I had a couple hours to pack and then I was to go to the offices where they would take me to a bus stop and send me to my new area called Xadani (pronounced with a shadani) which is 6 and a half hours away from the city. Not goanna lie when I first heard I was a little bummed, I wanted a change in areas but not until after this change ha-ha. I also wanted to say goodbye to Eddi and Luis and some of the other people I became friends with but didn’t get the chance. We also had a baptism lined up for this Sunday and I was excited for that but oh well.
After I finished backing I went to the offices and then they took me to the bus stop to wait for my bus. I left the city of Oaxaca at 11p.m. and started the 6 and a half hour ride. It wasn’t the funniest bus ride I have ever had, it would get hot and then cold really fast and the road were super curvy and at time I thought I was going to be sick. It was also pretty hard to sleep so I was pretty tired the next day. When I got to Xadani it was 4:30 am. I met my new comp and we went to sleep at our District Leaders house where I slept in a hammock because there isn’t transportation to Xadani at 4 in the morning. The next day we work up and headed to the area.
Xadani is pretty cool from what I have seen. It’s a lot hotter here because I’m a lot closer to the coast (Juchitan is towards the bottom of Oaxaca on the coast). The first thing the assistants said to me was "it’s going to be hot bro!" and they weren’t lying, it’s hot. The only good thing is right now it’s the windy season here so it’s kind of windy like back at home and that helps keep it a lot cooler. Oh and here in Xadani a lot of people don’t speak Spanish..... They speak Zapateco. Spanish here is their second language so things here are pretty different. Sunday was crazy; the services are in Zapateco so I didn’t understand anything! It was like my first Sunday here in the mission all over again. The good thing is that there are a few people here that speak both languages. A lot of our lessons were going to have to have a member there to translate what we say in Spanish to zapateco in order to teach so it will be interesting.
I did have something cool happen, my first day here we taught a lady and after we invited her to pray about the things we taught to know for yourself if it is true. Well we passed by the next day and she began telling us of a dream she had. My Spanish isn’t perfect and at times I still get confused but from what I understand she had a dream and in this dream she was at a party but she said it wasn’t like a normal party there wasn’t any bear or anything bad there just a ton of people all dressed in white. She said that there were so many people there and she didn’t know anyone except three people. Me, my comp, and another elder. All in all it was pretty interesting to her about her dream. Afterwards she asked us what we thought it ment. We then taught her another lesson and it went really well. I’m still a little sad that I didn’t get to say bye to everyone in Cosijoeza, but the few days I have been here in Xadani have been really good. It’s a lot more of a farm town here and instead of just dogs running around on the streets there are chickens, pigs, cows, and horses. A lot of people here don’t have cars they use cows and little wagons instead.
I’m pretty excited to be here even though its hot but ill survive. I hope everything is going well for you guys since I didn’t hear from you. I just wanted to let you all know that I love you and pray for you every day. Be safe!
Love Elder Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment