Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What’s up cholos?
Dang, sounds like everyone has had a good week and that’s sweet Dad and Josh were both in the presence of Apostles! That is pretty sweet and not very many people have that special experience. That’s also crazy that Jeff and Becky are so close, I did think about them today (not knowing what day they were going to be here) so I guess I did feel their presence. Man I’m a little bummed, this week we had a baptism lined up for Sunday but it fell through. Her name is Luz (light) and she is 10 years old. She has been coming to church with a member for about 4 weeks and hadn’t been taught by missionaries. Not sure why. So we started teaching her at the member’s house so we could have the sister translate for us because she doesn’t speak very good Spanish. Friday she didn’t show up to our appointment so we went looking for her at her house. We had permission from her mom to teach her dad told her she couldn’t be baptized so were going to try talking with him and see whets up.
We are also helping a couple here get married so that they will be able to be baptized. The 14th of Feb is dia de Amor or love day here and people can get married for free so we are trying to help them get all the papers they need so they can get married (they aren’t married because they can’t afford it). The husband is a member but the wife isn’t. They have a couple kids who are member, but inactive so were working with them as well to try to get them on the straight and narrow. One came this week with his mom so that was good. Hopefully they will get married so that one day they can go to the temple and be sealed as a family.
I’m having a pretty good time here in Xadani, me and my comp, Elder Jaurez get along pretty well so that’s good. He likes to joke around a lot and we play a lot of jokes on each other. He doesn’t speak English which is good because I think my Spanish has improved a lot. I also know I’m receiving a lot of help from above. It sounds like everyone is doing good back at home so that’s great! I know this is short but I better get going. I just wanted to let you all know how much I love you. Were so blessed to live where we live. I hope you all have a good week and that all goes well. Until next week,
Love Elder Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment