Monday, January 2, 2012

YO,
What’s up family? Man it looks like you guys have been having some fun! I got the Pics of you at Temple square and it looked awesome. The one with the Temple was beautiful. That’s also cool about the train, I have never been one like that just the ones in the metros when I and Austin were in D.C. but it looked pretty cool! It also sounds like everyone has been working around the house and that’s good.
This week has gone by pretty fast, but it’s been a good week. We had changes but I stayed in the area and got a new comp. His name is El Flores. He’s pretty cool and I’m pretty excited for this change. We get a long pretty well and he works hard so were going to do work! El Flores is from Mexico City. He speaks a little English, but not as much as El Mtz so I’m also excited because I’m sure my Spanish will improve a lot this change. I think I already told you this in my last e-mail but I’m not sure, Christmas we spent some time with a family and had a little meal it was pretty good. I’m pretty sure I already told you. This New Year we didn’t do anything. We worked and after we went home and I ate some cereal ha-ha.
This week seems like we didn’t get a lot done but I didn’t get my new comp until Tuesday and by the time we got home it was late so we really didn’t do any teaching. I took Elder Flores around showing him where our invt. and members lived. We were able to teach a couple people including the family of Alberto (the guy el mtz and I gave a blessing). Alberto ended up not making it... he passed away Monday morning. We checked up on the family and asked if we could share a message with them (the plan of salvation). When we showed up there were quite a few people there. As we started to teach a man of about 55 walked in and sat down for a bit. At first I was like sweet were teaching a lot of people right now this is awesome (there was about 9 people). Well As I gave them the challenge to read the Bom the one man took it, read the first paragraph, and then went off for what seemed to be 20 min. on how it’s not true and a bunch of other stuff. This man was straight up mean. He went off saying how Americans are "bad people" because of some of our leaders like Pres Bush and Obama. He said a lot of stuff that’s not worth repeating. After a while of sitting and listing to him yell at us I started to bear my testimony, and when I did something cool happened. He actually stopped talking and listened! To me, it was a really cool experience. I could feel the spirit testifying of the truth of the book of Mormon and after the lesson was over he actually gave me a huge. It was kind of weird, because moments earlier he was saying how bad Americans are but never the less a cool experience for me.
Well that’s all I have for this week. I hope you all have a good week and travel in safety. I love you all and I’m very grateful for your support. Take care and ill write again soon.
Love Elder Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment