Monday, June 11, 2012

Crazy!
   First off I can’t believe Josh is going to be home this week!!!! That’s so crazy. It really doesn’t seem that long ago when we sent him to the air port and now he’s going to be home! Wow the time really does go fast. You guys will have to break him in and take him fishing or something so he can get back into the swing of things.
   Well we had changes yesterday and will be staying here in Etla 2 for another change with my same comp, Elder Torres. I’m pretty excited there is still a lot of work to do here in Etla, the area is so big that after 3 months of being here I still don’t know the whole area and all the little pueblos around us. So I’m excited to be able to work another change here and help those in need.
   We had our little activity this Saturday and it went pretty well. To be honest it was pretty stressful, we have been planning this activity for a month and assigned member parts to help us, however when we went to the church Friday afternoon to see how we could help the members decorate to our surprise there was no one there and nothing had been done.... long story short we worked all day Friday and Saturday with the help of the other elders and some members to prepare the activity. We worked right until people showed up. We had a pretty cool experience too, about five mins before we were supposed to start it started to rain.... HARD! The bishop was like well were going to have to cancel the activity because no one will come while it’s raining like this. All of us were pretty bummed because we worked super hard. We had the idea come to us that we needed to pray so the four of us went into a room, knelt down in prayer and prayed that the rain would stop so that our investigators and members would be able to enjoy the activity we had prepared. And guess what... as soon as we ended the prayer we walked outside and the rain had stopped. Our prayers were answered by our loving father in heaven and soon after people started to arrive. About 250 people showed up and everyone enjoyed the activity. All I can say is that I’m extremely grateful for a father in heaven who listens to our prayers.
   I love the work here in the mission, it’s hard and sometimes the days are supper long and at times all our appointments fall through, but it is the most rewarding thing ever when someone enters the water of baptism. The feeling is indescribable.  I love you all so much and I’m so great full for all that we have. I have the best family and I’m so glad that one day we will be able to live together for eternity. I know that this work is true and I’m glad I have the chance to share it with the people here in Mexico. I have to go but until next time,
Elder Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment