Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Grasshoppers

Family,
What’s up my family, how has everyone been? First I better give mom Sisters Andersons address before I forget so mom here it is; her e-mail is Kari.Anderson@myldsmail.net. and her address is 50N W. temple ST RM BSUC Salt Lake City, UT 84150. I’m not sure if she is still in Utah or if she got her visa but you can try whatever one you want.
As you know today was my P-day. I have a lot to say so I’m not going to go into a lot of detail but here I go. Last Monday right after I wrote you and went home we discovered that we didn’t have any running water or anything so we called and tied to get it fixed. Long story short we didn’t have running water until late Friday night. So when we had to shower or wash dishes, flush the toilet, brush our teeth and all that we would have to go down a couple flight of stairs and fill up some buckets to get water. It wasn’t very fun because they weren’t very big buckets so when we ran out we would have to make the trip again and again. Showering was also pretty awesome for the most part all the showers I have taken here are cold showers. We have a water heater but it takes forever to warm up the water so we just take cold ones. I still don’t know if this is a good idea or not but the other day (when we didn’t have running water) Elder Martinez must of been sick of cold showers because he decided to throw a iron in the bucket of water.... as crazy as it sounds it worked!! So I did the same thing haha. It was super sweet to have a warm shower :)
P-days here aren’t as fun as the P-days in the MTC. Here we actually have to do some work. Such as wash our cloths (by hand and it’s actually a lot harder than I thought it would be) clean the house, and buy food. Joshes house sounds a lot like mine in the way that it was sick! It was super dirty. I’m not sure if I told you in the last e-mail or not but our house is infested with ants and cockroaches. Last night I went on a killing spree and killed 7 pretty big ones in 10 minutes. The house looks ALOT better now that I cleaned it. I’m hoping that it will help with the bug problem.
I never got Joshes letter when I was in the MTC about his scary story so I want to know what went down. Someone tell me I feel left out.
Things here are going pretty good. Its way different then home like I said. I have a pretty good story. The other day we went to a food market type thing to buy some fruit. (The food markets here are crazy!) you can barely walk because there are so many people and it stinks really badly from all the meat sitting out and all the spices not to mention all the drunk people. While walking to the store a drunk guy ran over to us and started talking to us. I couldn’t really understand everything that was said but after awhile he said he wanted to change his life. (Perfect opportunity to talk about the gospel no?) so I started to teach him, for some reason he didn’t like Elder Martinez he said he had a bad spirit. Anyways I taught him for a bit and after awhile he asked where I was from. I told him (mistake number one) after I told him he told me to give him money... long story short I didn’t give him any money but I gave him a pamphlet about the plan of salvation with our names and number on it. It’s kind of trippy, just about every time I go shopping or even contacting, all the drunk people run up to me and start asking for money. They think I’m rich because I’m from America. I feel bad for them but I don’t give them money for a couple reasons. One if they saw me again they would just want money and two they don’t really give us that much money so I have to use it wisely. Oh and I guess the people here really believe in black magic. We’re teaching an inactive member and the other night while at her house she said she found some skulls in here attic or something. It’s pretty wack. I guess her husband left her after 20 years because some other girl did black magic on her or something like that. So that’s pretty crazy.
Sorry this letter is so late; we went and ate with a returned missionary who is inactive. He’s super cool and nice. He bought me and my comp a ton of food, and showed us around down town which was super cool because we went to some old old churches. But once again I didn’t have my camera so I didn’t get any sweet pics. Today I also ate grasshoppers.... and they were nasty haha. At first I ate them plane and after a couple I decided there not really my type of food. But Elder M. and the member convinced me there better on tacos so I tried them again. But they weren’t. I ended up eating a lot because they were all up in my taco so it was interesting haha.
That’s all I got for this week, tell everyone I said hi and send me some pics of all the family together! I love you all and your all in my prayers! Love El Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment