Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Climbing Mountains

Family,
Wow, this week has gone by pretty fast. Thanks everyone for answering my questions and all that. I better start off by answering the questions you had. Dad it is a little humid and sometimes it feels like you could cut it with a knife, but for the most part its ok. The weather here this week has actually reminded me a lot of the summers back at home. The mornings are starting to get a little chilly but by midday it’s pretty hot! I’m starting to get a pretty good tan it’s the worst when we have to hike the hill mid day it’s pretty hot and then you’re climbing a mountain. I sent a pic of the stairs we climb, that’s just one set that leads to the next street. There are 4 in total so it’s tiring but I’ll survive.
The work here is going good! We have 9 progressing investigators and a couple with baptism dates so that’s cool. One of our investigators name is Erick. We met him the first week I got here in the mission field. He was with a group of friends who were drinking (he wasn’t drinking) and they called us over. I was still new at the time, I think it was my second day and when they called us over I thought we were going to get jumped. So in all honesty, I was scared. But we started talking and it turned out good. (At least for him, the other 5 left.) But he’s doing well and I hope we will baptize him.
The other day we went to visit a less-active member named Eddie. He lives about midway up the hill. All the houses on the mountain are basically built into it, so most of them build a dirt ramp to get into their houses. Long story short the ramps aren’t big, you have to walk single file to get to the house. It’s hard to explain so sorry if this doesn’t make since. El M. walked up first so I kind of stood at the bottom while he talked with Eddie. Next to me was a decent dirt pile and as I was looking at it I noticed some pretty decent holes that looked familiar. So I looked a little closer and noticed some webs in them. I then remembered seeing a special on the Discovery Channel about spiders and how they are sensitive to vibration so I got this smart idea to poke it with a stick and mimic a bug..... bad idea. Next thing I knew a freaking huge tarantula came shooting out! It scared the crap out of me! The stick I was using was only a foot long but I did get a pic. of it. Turns out there are a lot of them here. I found another one the next day but this one got away.
I haven’t eaten anymore Grasshoppers but I did eat Cactus which was different... not sure if I liked it or not. Before I forget I would like some peanut butter. They don’t sell it here and I kind of miss it. Right now I can’t think of anything else I need but I’ll think throughout the week and let you all know. Thanks so much for the pics of the family. Everyone looks like there are doing great. I want to try to send one more pic so I better, go but I love you all! Take care and be safe!
Con Amor, El Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment