Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hey family!
Yo yo whats up? This week has been a bitter-sweet one. Its vacation time down here for everyone so it was a little difficult to find or investigators because they were all on vacations. We also had two of our baptism dates fall which was kind of depressing because I was pretty excited for them. Their names are Shayla and Karina both are sisters, shayla is 14 and Karina is 11. Their mom is a member and so is their older sister. They are both really nice people and I’m hoping that we will be able to talk to them some more and prepare them for baptism.
The week ended off pretty well though, we spent a lot of time contacting throughout the week to find new investigators and also because all the ones we have are out of town. I think my comp was a little mad at me one of the days because he doesn’t really like contacting.. But to be honest its not one of my favorite things to do either but we weren’t receiving any references from the members and we had nothing to do, so it’s better than sitting at home doing nothing. It reminded me of a talk that Elder Uchtdorf gave. I can’t remember what it’s called but he talked about how if you look hard enough you can find fault with anything. He also talked about how if you look hard enough you can find the "good" or positive in any situation. It all depends on what you’re looking for. The week ended off good and my testimony about fasting and prayer grew. I have been praying to find those ready for the gospel and the other day we received a reference from a member. We went and checked it out and the guy is gold! He came to church with us and accepted a date for the 22 of this month. His name is AndrĂ©’s and he’s about 65 years old. He liked the church a lot and knows he needs to be baptized. I know God hears and answers our prayers.
Today was also a pretty sweet day.... WE GOT TO GO TO MONTE ALBAN AGAIN! It was pretty cool to get to go back again. This time it was a lot greener so I think it looked "pretty". I took some pics so I’ll try to send some. I hope I answered all you questions... if not well there’s always next week! I hope you all have a great day and that you’re all safe! Don’t worry about the yard work; Josh will be home pretty soon to take care of it!. I love you all so much, I miss you all a lot and think about you all the time. But I know this is where I need to be and I’m grateful for the opportunity I have in sharing the gospel. It’s true and sharing it with others is awesome, I don’t have a doubt that because of sacred ordinances of temples we can be sealed and united as families forever. That is amazing! and I’m honored to be able to share that message with others. The church is true. I better go but once again I love you all so much. Take care and until next time
Con Amor, E Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment