Tuesday, December 11, 2012


Hey!

   Hey family how’s everything going? It seems like this week has flown by! I guess I’ll give you a little run down on what been going on. This week I went to Cuaji to do divisions with the elders over there in Guerreo. It went really well and I was able to learn a lot from Elder Gomez. He’s from Chiapas and is a really humble guy, he’s the only member in his family and no one in his family has email accounts so he hasn’t spoke with them since mother’s day. He’s given up a lot to serve on a mission and like I said I learned a lot from him. It was a little bit of a problem to get to his area because there were some people that were on riot and tried to close off the roads but after waiting for a while we were able to get there. After we got home we cracked open a couple coconuts and drank some agua de coco. I’ll try to send you a pic. 

   The other day I and my comp had a pretty interesting experience. We went to talk with a new member and while we were talking to him some guy came up and tried to contend with us. Long story short he was a preacher from a church called testigos de Jesus and he was not a very nice guy. We talked to him for a little bit but he didn’t really want to learn so we just sat there and listed to him read a couple Scriptures from the bible. He’s really confused and I hope one day he will find the truth or at least understand what he’s reading. Actually this week has been really weird, a lot of people have been asking us a lot of weird questions and trying to argue with us. Just last night someone asked us if Adam and Eve had belly buttons and then tried to argue with us about evaluation. But oh well.

   This week on Wed we will be going to Puerto Escondido’s again for our Christmas party. It should be pretty fun all I know is that President is going to talk a little and then were going to eat and play games so it sound be pretty fun. I’ll let you know how it goes. Also I’m working on a place of where I will be calling this Christmas. Probably in our church. They say we can call home the 23 24 25 so I’m not sure what day you want to talk, I was thinking the 24 but let me know what day is best for you guys. I’ll try to get the number to you as soon as possible. Well I know this is a super lame letter but my mind is blank right now so I’m sorry. I also feel like this letter doesn’t make any sense so forgive me but I’ll talk to you all soon.

You’re in my prayers daily, love Jake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment