Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Heyo!

   What’s cracking family? Sounds like everyone are doing pretty good back at home these days so that’s good to hear. It also sounds like you all made it back from your trips to Utah and that’s good also! ha-ha mom and dad I can totally see you two sitting there at chucky cheese while little kids are running and flying through the air ha-ha I’m glad that you had fun though. So the Ravens won huh? To be honest yesterday while we were teaching one of our investigators her son was in their house watching it.  I couldn’t hear what was going on only a bunch of Mexican announcers screaming and what not ha but oh well next year. Jc I want to see some of your little clips so try to send me one alright.

   So to be honest it’s getting really hot here now. I just checked to see the weather and it says its 94 degrees but with the humidity it feels 100. So it’s warming up! To be honest I hope I get sent to the city here in a couple weeks because it’s a lot cooler over there than it is here in the coast. But I guess I’ll have to wait and see. This week we have been doing a lot of service for a couple investigators. Wednesday morning we went and helped a lady move between 1,700 to 2,000 little cinder blocks (as seen in pic). I was pretty sore the next day, my body really it’s used to that kind of work anymore. The funny thing is we didn’t finish the first day so we had to go back Saturday to move the rest. We found some interesting things under all those blocks. It was basically a zoo; we found three tarantulas, 1 scorpion, frogs, cockroaches... tons and tons of cockroaches and millions of ants. It was hard work but fun in the end. At one point in time I loaded up a wheel barrel with 35 of the blocks and was successful in picking it up and moving them. I'm still strong just saying ha-ha.   

   We had a little activity this week with the ward which went really well. We played something called Mormonoply. It was like the game however we rolled a dice, they answered a question about the book of Mormon or Bible and then got points for answering the question right. We also had punishments and challenges. One of which was to see who could eat a jalapeno pepper the fastest. It was fun to watch.
   We had another great week here and we have been receiving a lot of blessings. The other day we got a reference from a member so we went to check it out. Turns out the reference we got were two people who had talked with the missionary's before. Long story short there really cool and we were able to place two baptism dates with them. The work here is good, the food spicy and the weather HOT! But I love every minute of it. I hope that this email made sense and that you can read it even if it didn’t. I know that when the lord calls us to do something he does it because he knows we can. I also know that he’s always there to help us out when we need it and will answer our prayers. How blessed are we? 

   I had better get going but I want to let you all know how much I love you and hope you all have a great week!

Until next time,

Love Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment