Monday, July 8, 2013

Bueno!
   Well, what can I say once again another week has gone bye and like always it went fast! I’m glad to hear that all is going well back at home. It sounds like you all had a good Fourth of July. I’m glad you’re getting the T/A up and going so that when I get home it’ll be warmed up for me! ha-ha our 4th included us listening to the Mormon Tabernacle choir singing American songs and that’s about it. Guess I have to wait another year to blow some fireworks up :(
   This was a pretty good week; we had a couple funny experiences. One of which has to do with my comp. The other day we were eating some tacos in the street and I noticed that my comp was eating quite a bit of salsa, salsa Verde. It isn’t too hot or spicy but I was impressed. There just so happened to be another salsa there called habanero. It’s one of the hottest chilies here in Mexico. (I feel bad for what I did and I have repented just so you all know) So I decided to invite him to try it. I gave him a little piece and he started to eat it. The more you chew habanero the hotter it gets and man my comp was chewing away! Long story short to try to doze the fire in his mouth he downed his and my coke. Shortly after he threw up. It was pretty funny, I felt really bad afterwards but he was a champ about it.  
   The work here in the area is going well. This last week we were able to find some pretty cool families. One of which even accepted a fecha (baptism date). Two of our investigators were able to come to church with us this week which was awesome considering the fact that our church building is about 40 mins away in bus. It doesn't cost too much but it can get expensive when a family of 5 wants to go but doesn’t have enough money to go and come back. One of the people were teaching is named Manuel. Manuel is about 40 and has cancer. Due to his sickness he’s unable to work so his wife makes and sells tortillas to support their family. Their 15 year old daughter also works so the whole family can eat. It’s a rough. Once again were blessed. 
   We were able to have quite a few good lessons here this week and I would love to tell you all about them but there never is enough time.    I guess you’ll just have to wait a couple weeks. 
   I’m really enjoying the little time I have left, my comp is a pretty cool Elder and the members here area really supportive which helps a lot. I had better get going but I want to let you all know how much I love each and every one of you. Have a great week and I’ll talk to you next week, 
Love Elder Hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment