Monday, July 22, 2013

Well this is it; the mission has finally come to an end. I feel just the same as I did when I was leaving. I knew that I had to go however at the same time I didn’t want to. The feelings are the same, I don’t want to go but I know it’s time. This chapter of my life has come to an end and I wouldn’t be able to keep progressing if I stayed here. A new chapter is about to start with new obstacles and trial ahead. But I have an advantage, I have learned so much here in the mission. So many things that I will be able to apply in the "real world". I’m excited but nervous. I also know that with the lord’s help anything is possible. He is a god of miracles, that’s what I have learned these last couple weeks working with Rosa our convert who was baptized this past Saturday.
    I just wanted to share this miracle with you all before my time here has run out. Elder Wagner and I met Rosa our first week here in San Bartolo area Atoyac. She is the sister of a member here and while visiting the member we just "happened" to bump into each other. The second lesson we had with Rosa we were lead by the spirit and placed a baptism date with her. After the lesson when we were alone with her brother who’s a member and after asking him what he thought he told us, "she won’t get baptized; she’s been listening to the missionary's for a very long time. She’s stubborn." When we got home that night I decided that I would not doubt and if I didn’t doubt that she would be baptized. As the days went by we discovered that Rosa had a lot of questions, luckily with the help of her family we were able to answer each and every one f them. We felt inspired to teach her about fasting for an answer so we did. Rosa had enough faith that she fasted, as well as read in the book of Mormon, and prayed nightly. I’m not going to lie there were a couple lessons that when we left I started to doubt. However, the lord answered our prayers and we were able to teach her according to her needs. He answered our prayers. The day of her interview came and she passed. When she did her brother came up to us and said, "no munches¡ ¿mi hermana se va a bautizar?" meaning no way, is my sister really going to get baptized? We said yea and he then asked, "How did you do it?" to be honest we didn’t do anything; all we did was help her recognize the spirit answering her questions and doubts. Even after the baptism Saturday we had people asking how we did it. They said we baptized a rock because she was so hard. Once again we just laughed saying "we didn’t do anything, it was the spirit". 
    Rosa has been one of the funniest people to teach. I have really learned the importance to follow the spirit in lessons to answer their questions that investigators have. God hears and answers each and every one of our prayers. Some times we have to wait for an answer or we might even have to ask again but he will answer when he knows were ready. 

   I love the mission and I'm sad that’s its over. I’m also excited to start another chapter in my life and to learn even more. One last time I just want to bear my testimony. I know that the church is true. I know that if we read study and pray over the scriptures that we will find hidden treasures and knowledge. What a blessing it is to have all these tools to help us grow closer to Christ. I love the people here and I will miss them dearly. This is the true church I know it. 


  I’m excited to see you all. I hope that I grew a little taller here and not shorter ha-ha. I look forward to seeing you all very shortly.
Love Elder Hope!   

No comments:

Post a Comment