Monday, November 7, 2011

1st Baptism

WOW this has been a supper good week for me! There is so much I want to tell you all and I know I’ll forget to say a lot of what I wanted to but here we go!
First off I’ll start by saying... I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM! That’s right, my first baptism. His name is Eddi and I think I have told you guys about him a little bit but incase I didn’t I’ll say it again. Eddi is 24 years old and was a referral from a couple other missionaries in an area close to us. When we first met with him had met with the missionaries a couple times, but didn’t know a whole lot so we taught him all the lessons. Long story short (I’ll write a letter telling you more) he was baptized on Saturday. It was a really cool experience for both of us. The president was able to come to the baptism as well as another investigator that we have named Ulises. I didn’t realize how rare it is for the president to come until after it was over which was probably a good thing because I was already pretty nervous. But after thinking about it, it is pretty rare because he has a lot to do. So looking back it was pretty cool to be able to have him there and meet Eddi and Ulises and he also spoke at the baptism which was cool. I’m not sure why Eddi chose me to baptize him, but we both like cars and motorbikes so that might have helped. Eddi is a really cool kid. When we were getting into the water he kept saying how cold the water was which was kind of funny. He took a step in and then stepped back out, but it all worked out in the end. Our goal is to teach his family now.
Oh and I lied to you guys.... our zone baptized 30 people not 130... My comp told me the wrong numbers but I had already sent the e-mail so my bad. HOWEVER our zone met our goal so for a reward the President took us to the temple on Friday! It was super cool and I loved it! It’s not the biggest temple, but it is super pretty! It was awesome to take a couple hours and not worry about anything. I really want to go back. But in order to do that we have to get three baptisms in a change. So got to work!
Also, our zone was able to go to Monte Alban!!!! (This is the place with all the sweet ruins) so that’s what we did today. Let me just say, IT WAS LEGIT! I don’t even know what to say or how to describe it. I took A TON of pictures! So by the time you’re done looking at them you will feel like you were there also. We left our house at about 9:30 to get there. It’s really not that far from us but it’s in a different area so we can’t just go whenever we want. The president wants us to earn it so we stayed there until about 3:30 so we were there for a little bit. It was also really hot, and I think I sweated the whole time but it was totally worth it! They basically made the top of the mountain that it sits on flat and built some sweet buildings on it. If you ever have some free time, Google it trust me it’s cool. Like I said I took a ton of photos so I’ll send my card home soon so you can seen what I mean. The people that built them were very good with their hands because everything is perfect, and very detailed.
I don’t know what else to say, I know after we leave I’ll probably think of something that I wanted to tell you. I had an elder tell me I had a package in the mission home the other day we were at the temple but I won’t know for sure until tomorrow at our district meeting. So if you sent me a package then I got it, if not then the elder was just kidding.
It sounds like its getting cold there. Dad did you ever get the winch fixed on the 4 so it will be easy to plow snow? I hope you’re not doing anything that you shouldn’t so your back will heal. That’s too bad to hear about Moms uncle, I hope she is doing ok. The cool thing is (as you all know) that it’s possible to see him, and all our other loved ones again if we have faith and do what’s right. I’m sorry I haven’t sent a whole lot of letters home, whenever I have free time I like to study Spanish, or read the BOM. It’s so cool and I love it. I wake up every morning at 6:15 just so I can have a couple more extra min. to read. Oh that’s reminds me, I sent you a letter a couple weeks ago did you not get it? I hope you did.. It had something important in it. It sounds like everyone is doing well so that’s good! When you guys are freezing because of the cold, know that’s I’m sweating because it’s been hot! haha.
I’m going to try to send some pic, be safe! and know that I love and pray for you all daily.
Love El Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment