Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Family,
What’s up cholos? Sounds like everything is going pretty good for you all back at home (except for the cold weather). Just thought I would let you know it’s hot here not to rub it in your face or anything ;)

This week has been pretty interesting, there have been allot of funny weird things that have happened and also some spiritually good things. Today has been a pretty good day, we woke up this morning and went and played some soccer with the zone which was pretty fun. We just got done cleaning the house and we have also washed our clothes and bought food for the week so we have got a lot done which is good. I also sent you guys a package today so be looking for that and when you get it just go ahead and open it. It’s for Christmas but if it comes early just open it. To be honest, I haven’t heard anything about thanksgiving here so I doubt I will have anything special or anything like that. I’ll probably just be another day normal day here but I’ll most likely be eating beans, chicken, or rice with tortias so ya ha.
The work here is going pretty good, we have a baptism set for this Saturday. His names are Louise who is Pedro’s brother (our ward mission leader). He has met with the missionaries before and has had most of the lessons but we have been teaching him the last couple weeks to make sure he knows what he needs to know. The cool thing is that he came up to us one Sunday and asked when he could be baptized. I found out last night when we were teaching him that he likes motorbikes.... so we had a little talk. Also about Ulises, were still teaching him and he’s told us that he knows he needs to be baptized, but he says he’s not ready yet and wants to know more before. I know he’s ready though because the other day when we were teaching him I made him promise me that he would read the BOM and pray about it and to ask Heavenly Father to know if it was true. Well the next day we saw him and we asked him if he kept his promise. He did and he said when he read the BOM he felt something that he couldn’t describe. It was so cool to listen to him try to describe what he had felt. We told him it was the Holy Ghost and read a scripture to him describing the fruits of the spirit. We will be meeting with him some more throughout the week. But I know that he will eventually will be baptized.
I had a pretty weird experience the other day with a drunken man. We were heading to and appointment that we had with an investigator named Rafael. Well when we got to his house there was a drunk guy sitting out in front of his door on the curb. As we were knocking on Rafael’s door I looked over to him and asked how he was doing. I was rejected and he basically told me to be quite. Well Rafael wasn’t there so we started to walk away when my comp was like let’s talk to him. So we started talking. Long story short after talking to him for a bit he pulled me down and made me sit by him which is ok nothing wrong with that but after a while he started petting my head and touching my face which was kind of nasty... Like I know where his hands have been haha. I looked over at my comp and he was just laughing... we did manage to get his information and that but he lives in a different area so we gave the info to some other elders. The work here is going good and the ward is helping visit some less actives so the little home teaching program is working! This week we are going to be taking some teachers with us to some appointments and also visit some less actives.
That’s about all I have for the week. At least all I can remember right now. There is so much that happens during the week so it’s hard to remember it all but I write it in my J. I hope you are all doing well and that you’re not freezing too bad. Dad thanks for the quotes I like them so keep sending them. Thanks everyone for the support. I love you all and hope that you’re all being safe! Remember to read your scripts daily and pray. I know that we are blessed to live where we live and to have the gospel in our lives. Words cannot describe how wonderful the gospel is.
I better get going, I’m glad you got my letters! You should be getting more. How long did it take to get there? I should have dated it on top, anyway I love you all and hope all is well. Until next week,
El HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment