Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Family
It’s me again. Sounds like everyone was able to have a good weekend and all that! That’s cook that Jeff, Becky, and the kids were able to come over and stay for a bit. I got both of the packages you sent to me with the shoe pads and the food THANKS!!! I don’t think I ever told you but I had blisters on both of my feet that went all the way across my heel. So those have helped out a lot and they are finally getting better! And thanks for everything else that was in the packages! I got the one the 11-23-11. That’s a pretty sweet bull Ron tagged. Dad you do save everything but that’s a smart idea, that way it will stay nice and pretty right? Jc is looking pretty cool with the new snow gear!
As always this has been a pretty busy week. I’m not sure if I ever told you but all the missionary's in and around the city have been practicing for a little choir concert in which we are singing some Christmas songs. This Sunday was our first concert and to be honest it went well and there was a pretty good turnout with quite a few investigators there. We still have two more left so we will see how they go.
This Sunday was pretty busy. Luis was baptized by his brother Pedro right after church which was pretty sweet! I gave a little talk about baptism and it went well. Luis seemed pretty happy and I know heavenly father was also. Right after the baptism we ate a little food and then went to our concert which lasted 2 hours. By the time it was over it was late so we headed home. Even though it was a pretty crazy day, it was really awesome. Oh and did I mention we sang in front of a pretty big Catholic church?
I met a new elder the other day who is from a little town 30 mins away from Burley, Idaho called Riverton or something. Anyways I don’t know if you guys remember Adam, Terry, or Kurt (I worked concrete with them) but that’s where they are from so I asked the kid if he knew them and he was like ya I’m second cousins with Terry it was pretty crazy. His name is Elder Webb. I asked him if he was related to Lane but he wasn't sure, but I remember Web saying he had family down there so he could be who knows. Just goes to show how small the world is!
The work is going good here although we could use a couple more investigators so were going to have to find some. Other than that I’m doing pretty well! The last couple days haven’t been as hot so that’s been nice in fact I was cold this morning!
I better get going, I hope that you all have a good week and that all is going well. I just want to all know that I love you and that I know the church is true. How lucky are we to have what we have, and live where we live? PRETTY LUCKY! Love you all and hope you have a good week,
Love Elder Jacob Roger Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment