Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Family,
Hey everyone, sounds like you all had a pretty good time at state... too bad it ended the way it did though ha-ha what can you do. Before I forget I got one of the packages you sent with the candy and the new memory cards so that was awesome! The calendar of Jeff, Becky and the kids was awesome! Tell them thanks for that. I got a pretty good laugh when I saw mom playing cards with all the money, I also got the other pics and that was good to see so thanks for those.
This week has been pretty busy so I’ll just give a little rundown of what all went down. This week we spent a lot of time going around introducing my new comp to the members and our invest. We were also able to place three baptism dates so were praying for them a lot. Friday night we headed to a stake center in Juchitan to meet up with all the other elders of Juchitan. At about 10 pm we left for the city about 6:00, it’s 6 and a half hours away. Once again I didn’t get any sleep because the whole trip is through mountains and needless to say it’s a SUPER SUPER wind road. So it was a long night. When we got there I was able to get a little bit of sleep in the parking lot of the temple. At 6:30 we all got off the bus and freshened up a little, I was able to find all my homies from the district in the MTC and we got to hangout and talk until 8:30. At nine Elder Scott showed up with Elder Clayton. We all got the opportunity to shake their hands and tell them our names and where were from. Not going to lie I took my time shaking Elder Scotts hand ha-ha why not right? There are 7 billion people in the world and only 12 Apostles so I had to soak it up. They both gave really good talks and I wish I could share it with you all. They focused on the Book of Mormon and important it is, at the end Elder Scott answered whatever questions we had (Elder Scott speaks pretty good Spanish). He was really cool; the first thing he did was stood up and told some jokes before we even started and then some during.
After it was all over we had a little lunch and at about 3 headed back to Juchitan. Again it was a long ride with no rest and we got back about 8:30 9ish. It was too late to go to our area so we spent the night at an elder’s house and in the morning (Sunday) headed to Xadani. Church was pretty cool, Ofelia one of my converts got up and bore her testimony for the first time which was pretty sweet to hear. I could tell she was nervous but I was super happy because she did it all other own.
My comp Elder Orth is pretty cool. Turns out he likes dirt bikes, cars, basketball, and football so were getting along pretty well. He’s from Provo Utah and likes BYU... go figure but that’s alright. He’s the youngest of his family. To be honest I don’t know what else to tell you about him.
Oh I also got the package fro Autsins mom so tell her thanks for me that was really nice of her. I better get going I hope all of you are doing well. Have a good week and be safe!
Con Amor, Elder Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment