Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 8, 2012

Hola,

What's up family, man this week has gone by pretty fast.  It sounds like you have all been busy with the yard work again but that's good.  Before I forget 5:30 should work out pretty good, I'll have to check with the family I'm going to be calling at but there pretty good so I don't think that they will mind.  If not I can always try calling you guys from another house so no worries.  I'm pretty excited to be able to talk to you guys again hopefully I can answer all of your questions.  Dad, Mom it sounds like you had fun at the concert so that's good.  Also crazy that people from Oaxaca are up there studying but that's also really cool.  Jc I hope all is going well with your fake little baby ha-ha I had a couple of friends take that class and from what I heard it was kind of a pain but you have had a lot of practice when it comes to that stuff so I'm sure you'll do fine!

Well I have a new comp, his name is Elder Torres and he's from Mexico City.  He's pretty new in the Mission and only has three months.  I'm his second comp in the mission which makes me a step-dad.  He's pretty cool and has a lot of desire to work hard which is really good and I'm pretty excited for this change.  The other day we got a call for the Zone Leaders at 11pm telling us that we had to go to the city of Oaxaca the next day so Elder Torres could have his final capacitation with the president.  During the meeting president wanted to do a demonstration of how to introduce a scripture to a invest.  Well long story short he ended up choosing me and my comp (I've never really liked talking in front of a bunch of other people so I was a little nervous).  Luckily there were only about 22 other elders, the pres., and his assistants there so it wasn't too bad...it actually went really well and he gave us a couple tips of how we could improve so we all learned a lot.

This week we had 9 invest come to church with us so I was pretty excited.  It was also a little crazy trying to help them all out in our classes and what not but since we go to church with two other elders they were able to give us a hand.  We have found quite a few good invest and a lot of them really like the gospel however half of them have a fear of entering in the waters of baptism so please pray for them that they will find the strength they need to enter the water.  I'm really enjoying my time here in Etla the members are relly cool and they help us out quite a bit.  It took a little work to get their confidence in us because the elders that were here before weren't the best...if you remind me when we talk I'll tell you a little bit of the story. Sorry this is short but I want to have some cool stories to tell you about when we talk this Sunday so I better jet.  I love you guys so much and I'm excited to get to talk to you all soon!

Take care and until then,

Love E HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment