Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hello Family,
   What’s up, well this week sure did go by fast. It doesn't seem to long ago that I was just writing you guys. It sounds like you all had a pretty busy week but I’m glad you were all able to get a little done around the house. Dad I saw that josh tried to send a couple pics but I didn’t get them, I got the ones of him washing Thor and of Gracie but I think he tried to send one of the trailer. I didn’t get to see it but I’m sure it looks good. That’s also a bummer you didn’t get the TA out. I’m just glad you still have it ha-ha. The fourth here is a little different, I’m not going to lie I missed blowing things up ha-ha but its all good.
   Friday night the bishop called us and told us that we were going to give another talk this Sunday. I decided to talk about the book of Mormon. I felt that it went pretty well, I challenged all the members and our investigators that were there in church to read every day. I have got into a habit of reading every morning when I wake up and I love it. It really makes the day go smoother when I read.
We spent a couple good days contacting with little success ha, we also passed by a lot of members this week to share a scripture with them and invited them to invite a non member friend or family member to their house and introduce them to use. We have a couple appointments with some members so were hoping that we might be able to receive some new invest.
   One of our invest named Roberto is making pretty good progress, he’s had a lot of problems in the past but he’s looking for a change. The other day we taught tithing and after he was like when and where do I pay? Can I pay this Sunday? He was super excited and he must have felt the spirit because he knew that it was something that he needs to do. He has a baptism date for the 22 of this month.
   We also visited a reference from a member this week, turns out the reference was a guy named Estaban. He’s really friendly but really confused. He has read the bible for 8 years and has been church hopping for the last 6. He had a lot of questions about the bible.... A LOT.  And we were able to answer everyone. He later told us he was impressed on how we answered his questions and thought we only believed in the book of Mormon. We were also surprised afterwards and I know that we received a lot of help throughout our lesson with him.
   I have really gained a testimony about the bible and book of Mormon her in the mission; I actually just finished reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time. It took me a while but I also restarted about 4 times because I felt like I needed to. It’s such a cool book, it’s full of answers! All we have to do is read it and ponder the words. I know that it was written for our days and that it’s the keystone of our religion. I also have found out that when we read it we grow closer to our savior Jesus Christ. I love the Book.
   Well I had better go but I just wanted to let you all know how much I love you and I hope that all is going well for you guys back at home. You’re in my prayers daily, con amor
Elder Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment