Monday, July 2, 2012

Dear family,
   I’m not going to lie I’m pretty speechless right now and I’m not a hundred percent sure on what to say about all that has happened this past week back at home. The more I heard about Ross as I have been in the mission the more I have prayed for his health. I honestly don’t know what to say other than as we all know he’s in a better place. I have worried that I would be getting an email like this for a while now and I have also thought about Ross and his Life and all that he has done for the lord here on earth. I have no doubt that he is resting from all his sicknesses that he was suffering from when he left. I’m glad that you were able to get to spend a little time with him before he passed away. I just want to bear my testimony that I do know that this church is true and that because god loves us he created a pan for us, the plan of salvation. I’m so grateful to know that life on earth is only part of the plan and that there is life after death. I’m so grateful for our savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and for his Atonement. I know that through it we will be able to return to the Creator of this wonderful plan and live with our loved ones again. I can’t explain how grateful I am to have this knowledge in my life. I love you all so very much and I hope that you’re all doing well.
   It has been pretty rainy here again this last week which makes it difficult to work. My comp doesn’t have a rain coat and I feel bad when I make him walk in the rain. I’ve been looking around a little to see if I can find one to buy for him. This week we were able to find a couple new investigators so that’s good. We were also able to make some pretty good progress with one of our investigators named Robert and last Sunday he came to church with us so that was really cool. The other day when it was raining pretty good we went to one of our investigators that lives in a low spot and when it rains his house floods so we went over to see if we could help him out a bit. He had made a little dam in front of his house before we got there but after a couple min. of talking it gave in and water started to find its way in. We tried to slow it down the best we could but it was a losing battle. By the time it was over we were soaked from head to toe and went home to change into warm cloths. We have a couple people who are getting pretty close to baptism so were going to be working really hard to get them into the water.
   I know that this letter is a little short but once again I have to go. I won’t be able to send pics for a couple weeks because I guess the narcos (drug dealers) are pretty upset with the US right now so the president of the area has asked us not to take any photos for a couple weeks and not to speak any English in the streets or go to any store that’s owned by America. So I don’t have any pics to send ha. But don’t worry this is the first time they have ever said anything about this to us and I’m sure it’s dying down.
   I just want to let you all know that I’m doing alright. I love the gospel and its teachings. Were so lucky to have that knowledge in our life’s and I’m glad that I can share it with others. I hope you all have a good week on your trip and that you all travel safely. I love you all so much and pray for you daily.
Until next week, Elder Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment