Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hola,
   what’s up family? Wow this week went by pretty fast I must say. First off I’m glad to hear that your trip went well and that everyone had a good time! That’s sweet that you guys went sea fishing! I have always kind of wanted to do that, but did you go fishing with all of mom’s family or was it just you guys? Dad I’m sorry to hear you got fished out by everyone else but I guess that’s how it goes sometimes right. That’s also good that the weather held out for you guys, I enjoyed looking at the pics so thanks for that.
   Well it’s still a little rainy here which still makes it a little harder to find all of our invest. But luckily it’s mostly in the evening so were able to work pretty good in the morning. A member also gave my  comp a rain coat so that helped a lot so we could at least walk to our appointments while it’s raining rather than trying to find shelter. Tuesday I also got to go to the temple again which was really cool. I really enjoy being close to the city and I like the benefit of going to the temple once a month it really helps out a lot. Afterwards we had interviews with president Leva and it was really cool to get to talk with him.
   Saturday we had another little activity with the members here in Etla, were really trying to gain back their confidence and involve them in our lessons. We gave a brief description in what we teach in the lessons so they would be able to know and have the chance to think what they would say in the lessons. It went fairly well and a lot of them told us that they enjoyed it. The bad part was out of the some 200 + members in the ward only about 40 showed up ha-ha so it was a bummer in that aspect and we hoped for more but what can you do?
   The other day we had a couple appointments fall through so we decide to contact before we headed home for the night (this was about 8 p.m.) The first house we knocked a lady answered and we began teaching. After explaining a little about the plan of salvation I asked her if we could come in for 15 to 20 mins and teach her a little more. She paused for a min and said yeah come in. We were pretty shocked, this is only about the second or third time someone has let us in that easy and me comp whispered to me ¨she golden man¨. Well long story short we entered and this nice lady began to tell us her life story which lasted about an hour. Ha-ha we made several attempts to teach but were shut down immediately. My comp was having a pretty hard time staying awake so as soon as we got to chance to leave we ran!  I know it probably doesn’t sound too funny but after we Finlay got to our house we had a pretty good laugh.
   I just want to let you all know I’m doing good her in Mexico, I’m still getting a little fat but the other night I made a pretty good workout so I plan on trying that out tonight. I love you all so very much and I hope that you all have a good week. I have really grown to love the work here in the mission, at times it’s hard and to be honest not the funniest, but it’s so rewarding. I know that the church is true and Jesus Christ is our savior and Redeemer. I know that he knows us perfectly, he knows how we feel when were hurting and sad and I also know that when were facing hard trials that he is there giving us a push from behind. I’m so grateful for the plan our heavenly Father created for us and I know it to be true. I love each and every one of you and I hope you all have a good week. Until next week,
Elder HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment