Wednesday, October 3, 2012

yo!
   What up family?, wow this week has gone by really fast but at the same time it seems like it has been forever since I have written you guys. Dad when did you get the idea to put a heated cable on the roof and how does that work? I’m sure it will help though but you might not even need it if you have a winter like you did last year ha-ha. So is Thor a dad? I don't want to scare you but I had a bad dream last night that I took the Trams Am out and after almost crashing it a bunch of times it over heated on me. Hopefully that doesn't happen right. Sounds like Madison is doing rally good this year that’s awesome. That would be cool if they went to state. 
   Well this week was a little different than normal. We really didn't get a whole lot done because my comp was sick for a couple days. He had a little upset stomach with a slight fever. I kind of feel like a jerk because I made him work the first day then the second day when he passed out (he didn’t really pass out but we sat down on the side walk to take a little break and he laid down in the middle of it look at foto) Afterwards I decided to take him to the doctor because there has been an dengue epidemic breakout here and we weren't sure if he had it or not. W ended up sitting in the centro de salud (health center) for two hours which about killed me because it was hot and really uncomfortable packed into a hot room with sick people all around. I felt really bad for everyone in there also. Turns out that Pack didn’t have dengue which was good but he has a stomach infection which he probably got from something he ate. But he has some pills now and doing a lot better.
   We did however find a family of 9 the other day and I’m pretty excited to work with them some more. Also there is a little pueblo about 20 mins from here and we got permission from president to go out there and check it out so Tuesday were going to go out there with a member and see if we can’t baptize people. I hope everything goes well; we should be the first missionary's from the church to go out there so I'm excited. As for conference I am also excited. It is super cool to get to listen to a living day prophet. We’re going to be going to Juchitan which is about 45 mins away from Ixtepec to watch it. I really hope that some of our investigators will have the chance to go also a listen but it will be pretty hard for well all of them to go but we’ll keep praying for them. I’m not sure if you remember me telling you or not but right now there is a party going on here which has also made it hard to get work done. It’s been going now for like 3 weeks and there is still one more week to go. Everyone tells us to come teach them after the party's so it’s been hard to find a lot of people. We ended up contacting for a couple hours the other day. We were able to find a couple people but it was still a challenge ha-ha. Well I had better wrap this up but I just wanted to let you all know once again how much I love each and every one of you. Thanks so much for all the support and I hope everyone has a great week!
Con Amor, Elder Hope!
Ps if you haven’t already sent the package I would like a towel but one made of micro fiber. It’s just like the blanket I brought with me but smaller. If you happen to find one I would like it because it doesn’t take up any space and it’s twice as light but if not it’s ok. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment