Tuesday, April 9, 2013


Hey family,

   

   Yo! How’s everyone doing? Sounds like you all have a pretty busy week planned. Conference was great! I loved Pres Monson talk; it was great along with all the other talks that were given. My comp, Elder Monson to be honest was not too sure how far down the line I’m sure he is. Whenever members ask he just says yes, he’s my grandpa. I always shake my head in agreement. So half the people here in Juchitan think his grandpa is the prophet. 

   This week went by super fast with conference and all that. We had five of our investigators show up which was great and they all loved the talks. This next week we should have two baptisms. Their name is Dolores and her grandson Daniel. Dolores is really cool and already calls herself a member of the church; she is one of those people the lord has prepared. I was shocked on how much everyone talked about missionary work. It’s great for us missionaries’! I hope the members realize their part in the lord’s work. 

   This week I actually went back to do divisions in my old area with my old comp who took my spot as D.L. It was sweet to get to go back after three days. I didn’t have the chance to say goodbye to any of our investigators or members so while we worked we passed by some of the members so I could say bye. The sister that we ate with that day was mad at me for the first 10 Mins because I never went and said goodbye. Actually when I walked into her door she hit me in the arm ha-ha but she got over it.  

   Tomorrow were going out to Ixtepec to go to a district meeting and see how everything is going out there. It’s about 45 mins from Juchitan. The members here are pretty nice. I still haven’t met all of them but I’m excited to be able to work here. We just got some new gringos here in the mission and we got some here in our zone so we have been making sure that they get used to Oaxaca and that everything is going good for them so that they stay animated. It’s the first group of Americans that we have got in the mission in over a year! Long time huh. 

   Well I’m glad to hear that everything is going well back at home, there is so much that I would like to tell you all but there’s just not enough time. I just want to let you all know how much I love living the gospel. It really does help people live a happier life. I hope you all have a good week, pray for the people here in Oaxaca because they pray for you.

Until next week,

ELDER HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment