Monday, April 29, 2013


Hey Family what’s up?

Congrats Jeff and Becky on the new baby! What’s her full name?

Dad hope everything goes well on your trip and that you’re able to travel safely, you’ll have to let me know how it goes.

This was a pretty crazy week, like I said last Monday we went to Oaxaca for a training that went well. President talked a lot about hoe to be more effective and how to plan our days and week more efficiently. It went well and I learned a lot. I’m still surprised on how much of this stuff I will be able to use when I get back home. The mission prepares you for a LOT of stuff.

Thursday was a great but busy day, we had a meeting with half of the zone here in Juhitan and shared with them all that we learned at the meeting we had in Oaxaca. As zone leaders we basically just pass all the information we receive from president to all the other elders. Thursday night we also had our baptism which went great! Other than Stefani, the girl I baptized freaked out when I dunked her so I had to do it again. The second time I dunked her I really had to fight her to go under. I know that this might not make any sense but it was a fun one. The next night we went over to her house to visit with the family she accused me of trying to drown her. She’s 9 years old. One day she’ll thank me ha-ha. But the parents are super happy and this Sunday we learned about temple marriage. I heard Lourdes (the mom) lean over to Santiago (the dad) and say we need to get married there. They are a sweet family. One of their little girls died when she was 2 so they love the idea that families can be together forever.

Friday we had another meeting and taught the other half of our zone out in Ixtepec which is 45 mins outside of Juchitan. It went well and I feel like the things we shared will help out the zone. My comp stayed out there in Ixtepec to do divisions with the DLS and I went back to my area with a fresh new gringo. It was a lot of fun and I had a good time working with a Verde.

P.S. On the other hand it might be possible that I miss placed my debit card... I haven't looked good yet so don't worry. I’m pretty sure it expired anyways but I’ve been good with my money throughout my mish and I really don’t need any so don’t worry. I’ll look for it today.

Well everything is going good here, Time is going by fast. My comp only has 4 weeks left in the mish so he’ll be going home soon.

I love you all so very much and I hope all is well back at home. Have a great week!

 

ELDER HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment